Devil's Challenge Triathlon
The Devil's Challenge Triathlon closes out the 2013 WI Tri Series! This scenic sprint tri on 9/15/2013 is a prefect way to end your racing season! Devil's Challenge Triathlon, like all WI Tri Series races offers the following amenities to its racers:
- Tech Tees for all series events
- Accurately measured race distances
- Accurate chip-timed results provided by SMA timing
- A safe course with a water safety team for the swim
- Large highly-visible buoys
- Well marked bike and run courses, with lots of volunteers on the course
- A secure transition area
- Professional bike SAG, provided by Trek in transition and on the course
- Water pre-race in addition to post-race refreshments for racers
- Clinics from pro triathletes and/or USAT certified coaches.
- Series scoring and tracking provided by Athlinks
- A wide variety of awards for age groupers throughout the series as well as great awards for the overall age group award winners!
When: September 15, 2013. Transition opens at 6:45 am, race starts at 8:00 am.
Where: Devil's Lake State Park, Near Baraboo, WI
- 1/1/13-8/30/13 - $70
- 8/31/13-9/11/13 - $80
At Packet Pick Up or Race Day (if available) - $90
- 1/1/13-8/30/13 - $115
- 8/31/13-9/11/13 - $125
At Packet Pick Up or Race Day (if available) - $135
All prices include WI sales tax.
1/4 mile swim 15 mile bike 5K run
Race Preview Clinic:
All of the races in our series have a preview clinic in the weeks leading up to the race. Each of these clinics is hosted by either a USAT certified coach or pro triathlete that has done the race before and is familiar with the course. Beginner triathletes and experienced athletes alike will benefit from this opportunity to preview the course with an experienced racer!
Swim: The swim will take place at Devil's Lake State Park at the North Beach, following the shoreline for a 1/4 mile. Swimmers will exit towards the shelter near the the transition area. Swim caps are MANDATORY. There will be a water safety team present.
Bike: Exit the transition area and exit out of the park, take a right on DL, left on 113 right on Tower Road. There is a 180 degree turnaround before the intersection of Bluff Road, turn right on Neuman Road, left on W, straight across 113 left on Old Lake Road, right on DL and left into Devil's Lake State Park entrance. The bike course will be well marked with volunteers on the course. A map of the bike course can be found by clicking here.
Run: Exit the transition area and exit the park to the left. Take a left on DL, left onto Quartzite Campground, run into the camp, and back out to the right on DL. Turn right at the exit of the park and then left to the finish line. There will be two water stations on the run course. The first water station will be located right outside the transition exit and the second will be located at the run turnaround. A map of the run route can be found by clicking here.
Transition Area: Transition will be located on the grassy area in front of the shelter at the North Shore beach. Athletes should have their transition area set up at least 1/2 hour before the start of the race. Spectators are NOT allowed in transition.
This event will be chip-timed. All athletes will be provided with "ChampionChip" sensors supplied by Sports Management Associates.
Overall awards, 1st, 2nd & 3rd will be awarded to men and women. Overall awards will also be given to 1st, 2nd & 3rd relay teams.
Age Group awards, 1st, 2nd & 3rd will be awarded for each age group, men & women. Age groups are as follows: 19 & U, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64 and 65 & over.
Special Award Categories, 1st, 2nd & 3rd will be awarded to men in the Clydesdale category, women in the Athena category and men and women in the Novice category.
** Awards ceremony will begin at 12:00 am **
Early packet pick-up will be available. Time and location coming soon!
On race morning, packet pick-up will start at 6:45 am on the North Shore of Devil's Lake.
After checking in, please go to the body marking area. Your race number and your wave will be marked on the leg and the arm. These markings are used to identify you and people in your wave at the start of the swim.
Rule and Regulations
- Wetsuits may be worn
- Helmets and swim caps are MANDATORY
- Drafting is NOT permitted. Penalties and disqualification will be given for drafting
- You MUST wear your velcro band with a timing chip on your ANKLE throughout the race. NO CHIP = NO TIME
- All relay athletes will exchange the timing chip in transition
- All athletes need to mount/dismount the bike at the mount/dismount mat
- All runners are required to wear a bib number and it MUST face forward at the finish line
- Racers and Spectators must follow volunteer instructions at all times
Refund and Inclement Weather Policy
Race Day Events and the WI Tri Series has a strict NO REFUND policy. Refunds will not be issued for any reason, including race cancelation due to inclement weather. The race director reserves the right to cancel or alter the race and its course at any point in time to preserve racer safety.